Application Thunderbolt compatible PCie card
Model: MacBook Pro and latest
Operating System: 10.7.X-10.8X
PCIe card is not detected. No updates or changes were made to the card and to the systems.
For troubleshooting do the following
- Shutdown the laptop, Shutdown the chassis, pull power cord.
- Unplug the TB cable from our EB3t and the laptop.
- Make sure the card is in the slot next to the Thunderbolt card. This is just to ensure it trains to x8 gen 2.
- Try and ensure you see the gold fingers are firmly seated, this chassis is a little challenging mechanically and you may need to push on the bracket of the red card to make sure the card gets seated properly.
- For debugging, remove the EB3T top. Plug the power cord , plug the Thunderbolt cable into the MacBookPro or mini in and you should see 2 lights on our Thunderbolt card. Power up the laptop, you should see 4 lights on top of our TB card.
- Go to Thunderbolt in about this Mac then click on PCI Cards and check if any PCI cards are detected. The PCI cards should say tunnel – yes or not - no.
- Verify PCie slot
Can you take out the PCIe card, move to another slot, shutdown and reboot. Check pci and if no cards show up.
- Try another Mac computers.
- Swap the card with a known good card.