Computer: Desktop / Laptop
Operating System: Windows XP
How do I access the SNMP on the 13slot RAS?
You need to use a Ethernet switch first. And connect the Computer and Expansion chassis to the switch. Make sure it is not connected to the Internet. You can use a standard Ethernet Cable.
1. Power down both power supply unit from the back of the Expansion chassis and then turn them on.
2. Go to the front chassis and you must turn on the front switch to power up the expansion unit.
3. Start IPsetup.exe and it should automatically detect the Mac Address and IP address of the chassis SNMP. Example, the IP is 192.168.1.10
4. Go to your control panel, network connection, select Properties and select Internet ProTocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4)
-select Use the following IP address
Note: if the IPsetup detects an IP address for example 10.203.0.134, you have to set up your local computer IP address to 10.203.0.150.
5. Go back to Ipsetup interface and launch Webpage
6. This should bring up the log-in page to access the SNMP configuration
7. Username: default
8. Password: Magma
To download IPsetup, click the download.