Computer: Mac Pro
Operating System: 10.6
Application: Protools HD (8.0)
MacPro System Profiler is not seeing the Magma device / Magma unit. Protools Software unable to detect the Protools Hardware.
DAE Error - 1114 and more
If you Encounter problem such as Pro Tools SW unable to detect Pro Tools Hardware or having a DAE error such as -1115 it is highly recommended to follow these troubleshooting Tips:
TROUBLESHOOTING Pro Tools, Magma PE6R4-I & Mac Pro
1. Always power on the Magma unit first before powering on the computer.
2. Install the Magma Host Interface card in the last PCIE slot, this is the PCIE slot farthest away from the video card inside the MacPro.
And Make sure the SW1 DIP switch on the Magma Host Interface card is set to X4. For visual instruction go to this link:
3. Check the load resistor inside the Magma unit, make sure it is firmly connected to the power supply.
For visual instruction go to this URL:
Pro Tools installation in PE6R4-I Magma unit:
4. Install the core card next to the PCI slot that has a KAPTOn tape on. And install the Process or Accel next to core card.
5. Please do connect the Pro Tools ribbon flex cable correctly, it should be connected from port B of Core card to port A of Acce/ Process card. Same thing with Accel to Accel card, B to A.
For more information, check out these video tutorials:
Installation of Digidesign Protools Core PCI card in PE6R4-I
Installation of Digidesign Protools Accel card in PE6R4-I
PCIE Host Card installation in MAcPro Intel Computer
NOTE: if the error is still occuring after performing the above troubleshooting measures and getting a replacement chassis, the problem is obviously not with the PE6R4-i.
We are strongly suggesting to contact Digidesign Tech Support to service for assistance.
For further troubleshooting and more information about E error -1115, including possible causes and steps to resolve the issue please go this URL
OR see attached file