Product: 7 slot + PEHIFX1
Computer: MacPro 8 Core
Operating System: 10.5.6
Application: Digidesign Protools HD, 8.1
ProTools Application is not detecting the Protools Hardware.
System Profiler sees the Protools Card but when running Protools it fails to detect it
Ran Digitest, it did not see the Protools
1. Check 5vload resistor, make sure it is connected to power supply. If no 5vload resistor available use a Hard disk drive as substitute.
2. Move the Magma Host card to PCie slot#4 or 3 or 2
3. Install just the Core card by itself, run Protools and see if it works fine
4. Check Protools ribbon flex cable, make sure it is correctly installed. It should be Port B of Core card to Port A of Accel / Process card.
5. Move the Core card to slot#10.
If you are still having problem detecting the Protools hardware your next resort is to reinstall the Protools Application / Software.
If you are still having problem after reinstall the Protools software, then you next move to replace the entire Magma unit. You could be having a faulty hardware such as cable, host interface card or backplane.