ION Accelerator™ software runs on a shared-storage appliance, based on ioMemory technology. It delivers an all-flash storage target designed to accelerate performance-sensitive applications. This extremely high-performance storage easily integrates into existing SAN environments without over-burdening rack space, power, or cooling.
ION Accelerator administration is simple and straightforward, and this guide provides the information you’ll need for deployment and optimization. The basic ION Accelerator components include:
• High-speed networking – Fibre Channel or iSCSI
• 3TB of usable, persistent ioMemory flash storage in each of four PCIe slots. Usable capacity varies based on the number of slots used and the storage pool configuration. Up to 12TB of ioMemory capacity is supported, in High Availability (HA) or standalone (non-HA) mode.
• ION Accelerator software – Enables configuration and management of the ION Accelerator appliance.
• Fusion-io VSL™ (Virtual Storage Layer) – An architecture that combines the persistent nature of ioMemory with a direct-access I/O interface.
ION ACCELERATOR SOFTWARE FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Basic ION Accelerator software features and benefits include:
• Two-node, end-to-end High Availability (HA) configuration (clustering of ION Accelerator nodes) if the HA feature is purchased.
• Seamless database integration with Oracle, Oracle RAC, SAP, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, Informix, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ and NoSQL.
• Integration with the Fusion ioSphere GUI for full management capabilities.
• An extensive Command-Line Interface (CLI) for configuration, node appliance management, and scripting.