After installation, the appliance OS scans for existing network cards, and detected controllers are displayed. The sample screen below shows an example of detected controllers:
For standalone mode, ION Accelerator supports Fibre Channel and iSCSI protocols; however, only one of these protocols can be running at a time. For example, if a QLogic and a Mellanox card are installed in the same appliance, the standalone install of ION Accelerator will fail to recognize one of the two cards and will not display that card in the GUI.
1. Select OK to proceed. The Storage protocol dialog appears, with the detected protocol displayed as the default.
2. Select the storage protocol you want to use with ION Accelerator, and then select OK.
The High Availability dialog appears, with the default determined by whether HA hardware was detected:
3. Select Enable if you want to enable HA mode (requires the ION Accelerator HA option), or Disable to use standalone mode, and then select OK.
The ION Configuration Summary dialog appears, with a summary of the selected protocol and mode (HA or standalone).
4. Select Yes to proceed with the ION Accelerator configuration
Select No to return to the Detected Controllers dialog (beginning of this section). This gives you the opportunity to review and correct configuration choices.
1. Check the “Yes” entry at the bottom of the screen to accept the agreement.
2. Select Next to continue.