The basic network configuration process for ION Accelerator is as follows:
1. Set the hostname and routing information for the appliance.
2. Configure the management node port that will be used to communicate with ION Accelerator.
3. If the HA feature is enabled, configure the HA port addresses for each HA network card.
4. If the adapter uses the iSCSI protocol, configure all iSCSI ports. (Fibre Channel adapters are
5. Verify and save the configuration.
After the License Agreement is accepted, the appliance OS scans for existing network cards. The main Network Configuration screen then appears, with network interface cards listed.
In the example below, “Ethernet Network Card” refers to the management IP, and “Mellanox Ethernet controller” refers to the cluster interconnect controller(s).
NOTE: To make changes to the Network Configuration after First Boot finishes, use the CLI command setup:lan to invoke First Boot screens (see the ION Accelerator Appliance CLI Reference for details).